You’ve had eyelash extensions done, maybe one time or maybe many times but you’ve decided you’re over it! Having lash extensions was great, but maintaining them just wasn’t for you, so now what happens? Here are the options:
- You may already have an appt with us for a relash (refill) upcoming at the Toronto or Burlington Studio so! you can either call the office 1.855.721.7108 and change the booking from a relash to a removal. Or you can just let the lash artist know that you would like them removed instead of relashed.
- You can wait for them to grow off, as you know eyelashes grow in a cycle. Baby hair grows in and pushes the adult hair with the lash extension on it out. After 3 to 4 weeks there will almost no lashes left. Because these are classic single strand lashes they will not look gappy (is that even a word?). They will appear more and more sparse until they are gone.
- If you have decided to go with option #2 you can accelerate the process of the eyelash extensions coming off by applying mascara to the remaining extensions. Remember eyelash extensions HATE waterproof mascara so using it will make the lashes lift off.
- Here’s what you DO NOT do: do not try to remove them at home on your own. Trying to use coconut oil, baby oil or any other kind of oil and rubbing them off is not a good idea. It’s very likely you will affect your natural hair, potentially pulling it out…leaving gaps in your lash line where your natural lashes are supposed to be.
- All this being said, we can only remove the work done within our own studios….annoying I know. However! not all lash adhesives are the same, if a highly toxic product has been used initially our remover (a gentle remover) would not work.
- Does removal hurt?? no not at all….the process is very gentle, just as gentle as the application.
We’d be sad to see you go but we get it….all good things sometimes come to an end.
xo, Love and Lashes